Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome Baby L!



So I met this rad lady at a friend of mines baby shower. She was actually very pregnant herself and throwing a baby shower for someone else. Shows some of her wonderful and sincere heart. I didn't realize what an amazing person her and her husband were until I had the opportunity to do their maternity shoot, just a week or so before she was due. I thought I would be blessing them with pictures (silly me) but man did they end up blessing me! I laughed so much, and enjoyed just talking about the wonderful things that God was doing in my life, and theirs. I left feeling full of joy!





I was hoping they would love their maternity pictures and I would get the opportunity to do their newborn pictures whenever baby made it's arrival. Well, she didn't have the baby 1 week after the shoot, she was 13 days overdue when baby L made her grand entrance into the world. And I do mean grand, she was born in the car on the way to the midwife's house! That's another story altogether, best left to the mama and Dada to share!




I had the wonderful privilege of photographing baby L today, 1 week from the day she was born! And much like I am sure her birth surprised her mom, this photo shoot surprised me! Normally newborn shoots can be quite tricky, well lets be honest, sometimes they are darn right hard, I've left crying from a few... praying that I got usable and beautiful shots to bless the new parents. Newborns take hours to photograph in between, feedings, and changings, and sometimes they just don't want to be posed into those cute little props!




So you can imagine my surprise when baby L slept the entire 2 1/2 hrs that we shot, with the exception of a changing here, and a feeding there, I don't think I heard a whimper out of her the whole time I was there! She is truly covered in peace! I had so much fun posing her and talking to her mom, I was again BLESSED by this family, far more then I am sure I could ever bless them.

Here are some pictures from today's shoot. These were all shot indoors, because thank you Redding CA it's already over 100 degree's and thats not exactly newborn friendly weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment